Wednesday, April 22, 2015

CRIMINAL MINDS Season 10 - 1021. Mr. Scratch - TVfanatic's MGG teases: Oh, the Horror! [SPOILERS]

by Jim Halterman

Matthew Gray Gubler is going to scare the hell out of you.

The beloved actor, who we usually see in front of the camera as Dr. Spencer Reid, steps behind the scenes this week as director.

And when it seems like a monster is killing people in a variety of cases, we may just be diving head first into the horror genre.

Having had the chance to screen Criminal Minds Season 10 Episode 21, I can tell you this is one of the scariest episodes in series history, so I was glad to jump on the phone with Gubler and grill him about making such a fright of an hour.

Let’s see what he had to say about some of the choices made, how he assured the audience of some serious shocks and how he coaxed a truly scary performance out of fellow cast member Thomas Gibson...

TV Fanatic: I know you've directed on the show before, but this one you definitely seemed to get to do some different stuff, right?

Matthew Gray Gubler: I think every one of them I really tried to make different, unique and special. This one, of course, is a little more unrelenting in its pursuit of terrorizing the audience. I feel like that’s really my wheelhouse as director. The whole episode, Breen [Frazier, who penned the episode] and I wanted to present...

To Read More: TVfanatic.com